The Recreation Department strives to provide leisure-time activities and events to all populations. From seasonal youth programs in village facilities and fields, to Senior trips and luncheons, Recreation staff provides ongoing program development in response to participant profiles. Enjoy a spring hike, try country couples dancing, or relax in village parks.
As the Village Center celebrates its sixth year of operation, program offerings in this unique venue have expanded to include Zumba classes for adults and art instruction for aspiring youth. In an ongoing mission to provide cultural offerings, “Port Jeff Live” will be introduced on April 21 with a premier lecture given by Kenneth Brady. Click on Programs to explore registration opportunities!
Special events in the village are co-sponsored by a myriad of not-for-profit partners and include the Antiques & Garden Weekend, Green Fest, Harvest Fest, Dickens Festival and more. See the Events Calendar below for more information.
Recreation & Parks Staff
- Trustee Liaison: Adrienne Kessel
- Recreation Director: Denise Boyd (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Programs & Event Planner: Sue Orifici (email@example.com)
- Recreation Program Coordinator: Mickey Cantwell firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Seniors/Trip Coordinator: Audrey Prochilo
- Senior Aide / Bus Driver: Maggie Loschiavo
- Village Center Building Managers: Harry Wangelin, and Bob Hodum
- Village Center Receptionists: Betty Ann Marangiello, Barbara McCahill, Pat Doohan, Christine Simone,
Joan Murray, Mary Ann McAvoy, Ruth Gately, Pat Scully
- Village Center Maintenance Foreman: John Van Gelder
- Village Center Maintenance: Brian Rowe